Thursday, July 1, 2010


Well, Canada Day 2010 has come and gone. This is a great race and I think everyone should do it...unless you are faster than me. If this is you, stay home.

In all seriousness, it was a good day for me and my sexy socks, but a better day for my friends Michael and Laurie! Michael won the 5K, and Laurie came first in her age group. Well done; those young-uns have nothing on us (forgive me as I shamelessly share your spotlight).

I also want to give a shout-out to the infamous AJ Rankel. On Canada's 143rd birthday, AJ crossed the finish line at a local triathlon after Paul Tichelaar. Number two after a freakin' olympian. Is there anything AJ can't do?!

Happy Canada Day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Congrat's Mark on such an amazing run this year, 53:27 freaking amazing !.... Must have been the socks that resulted in you shaving close to 30 seconds off your 2009 time.

    Michael and Laurie were amazing as well, however I have to be the one to break the news that AJ's glory was somewhat expected. Afterall, it was the Kids of Steel Tri that he raced in today....I'm just saying :-)

    ReplyDelete